Serves: 4 Persons
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- 250 g Frozen edamame (defrosted)
- 250 g Kale leaves
- 20 g Nori sheets
- 5 g Ginger root, minced
- 5 g Ground cumin
- 5 g Garlic Powder
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 30 ml Water
- Eggs (separated)
- 50 g Plain Flour
- 2,5 g Baking powder
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- In a food processor, combine edamame, kale leaves, salt, ginger, garlic powder, lemon juice, nori and cumin. Pulse briefly once or twice (mixture should be chunky, not a paste).
- Add water, egg yolks, flour and baking powder – pulse briefly to combine.
- Transfer mixture in to a bowl. In a separate bowl whisk the egg whites to firm peaks.
- Fold the whites in to the fitter mixture.
- Heat the deep fat fryer to 160 degrees, add spoonfuls of batter to the fryer and cook until crisp and golden.
- Alternatively, you can shallow fry in a heavy bottomed frying pan.
- Remove and drain on paper towel.
Kale can be substituted for spinach, whilst Nori can be substituted for another dried seaweed sheet.