Serves: 4 Persons
Preparation time: 1o minutes and 1 hour rising time
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Techniques: Cooking in a pan
Ingredients – Pancake
- 5 g Finely chopped Buffalo
- 20 g Flour
- 20 g Buckwheat flour
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 2 g Dried yeast
- 70 ml Lukewarm milk
- 10 g Cream butter for baking
- Edible flour (garnish)
Equipment: Whisk, mixing bowl, tassel, ladle, Dutch pancake pan, fork and spatula, amuse spoons
- Sift and mix flour, buckwheat flour and salt in a bowl.
- Make a well in the center and add the yeast.
- Add the milk and stir from the middle into a thick batter.
- Let the batter stand for 10 minutes.
- Dilute the batter gradually with the rest of the lukewarm milk and chopped Buffalo.
- Place a damp cloth over the bowl and let the batter rise in a warm place for about 1 hour.
- Heat Dutch pancake pan and brush with butter.
- Spoon the batter in to the holes with a ladle, filling only half way.
- Bake the pancakes quickly, once they are brown, turn them quickly with a fork, and bake on the second side until brown.
Ingredients – Tzatziki dip
- 75 ml full fat Farmer’s yogurt (really thick yogurt)
- 1/8 Cucumber
- 1/2 clove of Garlic
- Dill (dried)
- Lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Pepper and salt
Equipment: Sieve, grater, garlic press, mixing bowl, chopping board.
- Peel the cucumber on the cutting board and grate it over a sieve.
- Sprinkle a little bit of salt over it and let it drain.
- Meanwhile, mix the crushed garlic with the spices and add some crushed pepper.
- Add a large dash of olive oil and the juice of half a lemon.
- Stir everything well.
- Allow the flavors to develop by putting 2 hours in the refrigerator.
Ingredients – Ginger Snaps (Drenks) with crickets
- 3 g Crickets, finely chopped
- 10 g Butter, at room temperature
- 30 g White caster sugar
- 6 ml Milk
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla extract
- 10 g White almonds, finely chopped
- 15 g Zeeland Flower Salt
Equipment: Chopping board, chef’s knife, baking paper and mixer.
- Preheat Oven at 180 °C.
- Mix the butter, caster sugar, milk, a pinch of salt and the vanilla extract to a smooth mixture.
- Mix chopped almonds and finally the Zeeland flower.
- Make small piles of the batter with a teaspoon.
- Lay the piles on baking sheet leaving enough space in between.
- Bake them in 6 to 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Let them cool on a cooling wire/ rack.
- Place a cup on an amuse spoon with a fritter.
- Add the Tzatziki dip to the fritter.
- Garnish with an edible flower.
Keep an eye on brandy-snaps whilst in the oven. Browning can go fast! If they become too dark, they taste bitter and if they remain too light they are not crunchy.