Serves: 4 Persons
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 120 minutes
- 1.5 liters water
- 300 g split peas
- 1 bay leaf
- 350 g celeriac cubes
- 2 leeks, rings
- 25 g fresh celery, minced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Vegetarian Sausage
- Wash the split peas and bring to a boil with the bay leaf, salt and pepper.
- Allow to gently cook with lid approx. 60 min.
- Mix the soup with the blender.
- Meanwhile wash and cut the celeriac, leek and celery.
- Add this to the pea soup.
- After stirring regularly, let it boil for about 20 minutes until everything is cooked.
- Cut the sausage into slices and add to the soup.
- Season to taste.
- Serve the soup in a soup bowl.
- Garnish the soup with the celery.
If you find the soup a little too thick, dilute it with water or bouillon.
After washing the split peas, you can soak the peas in water in the fridge overnight this shortens the cooking time).