Serves: 4 Persons
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
Techniques: Chopping, Frying, Boiling
- 3 Large potatoes
- 130 g Plain flour
- 20 g Finely blended mealworms
- 3 g Salt
- 1 Egg
- 50 g Unsalted butter
- 50 g Crushed walnuts
- 50 g Stilton
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- Sea salt flakes
- Mix in the flour and salt.
- Peel potatoes, add to a pot of cold water and bring to the boil.
- Cook until soft, strain well.
- Mash the potato by hand or with a mincer.
- Mix together the potato (warm), mealworm powder, salt, and 1 egg.
- Mix well to combine (DO NOT OVER MIX).
- Divide your dough into four equal sections.
- Cover hands with additional flour, Roll in to inch thick sausage shapes.
- Cut in to 1 inch lengths and drop into boiling water (1/4 at a time).
- Boil for 2-3 minutes until gnocchi rise to the surface.
- Remove and chill in ice water, strain and set aside.
- In a hot pan add some oil, sauté gnocchi until golden.
- In a separate pan cook 50g of butter until light brown, add crushed walnuts, salt and a squeeze of lemon.
- Serve gnocchi, spoon burnt butter over your gnocchi and garnish with shaved apple and crumbled stilton cheese.
Alternative blue cheeses can be used in replacement of stilton