Serves: 4 Persons
Preparation time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Techniques: Sauté, cutting techniques
- 1/2 medium Yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 1 TBSP Chopped garlic
- 2 (15-ounce) Cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 TBSP Freshly chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 tsp Freshly chopped parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup Whole roasted Aketta crickets
- 1 egg
- 1/2 TBSP Southwest seasoning
- 1/2 cup Today corn
- 1/2 cup Bread crumbs
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-low heat.
- In a food processor, pulse onion and garlic until finely chopped.
- Add black beans, cilantro, parsley, egg, and pulse to combine.
- Transfer mixture to a large mixing bowl, add the corn and the bread crumbs.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and mix until well combined.
- Divide mixture into portions and form into patties.
- Place on hot oiled grill over medium-low heat and cook about 6 minutes a side or until heated through.
Optional: replace ½ cup whole roasted crickets with 1/4 cup of cricket flour.