Serves: 4 Persons
Preparation time: 45 minutes
Cooking time: 60 minutes
Techniques: Boiling, beating eggs, frying
- 750 g Peeled potatoes
- 750 g Peeled winter carrots
- 200 g Onions, peeled
- 20 g Dried crickets, finely chopped
- 1 Egg, medium
- 50 ml Milk
- 100 g Breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp Ground nutmeg
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 300 g Vegetarian minced “beef”
- 1 TBSP Tomato puree
- 3 dl Water
- 50 g Butter or margarine
- Salt, pepper and nutmeg
Cooking method for pot pie with crickets
- Add 300 ml of water in a large pan.
- Add the peeled and sliced potato and winter carrots in strips of 1 by 6 cm and onions in half rings.
- Boil for approx. 30 minutes until cooked.
- If necessary, drain the moisture.
- Mash everything with a pestle.
- Mix in the crickets and season to taste.
Cooking method for vegetarian meatball
- Beat the egg with the milk.
- Add breadcrumbs, spices and egg to the minced meat.
- Mix the minced meat thoroughly and form 4 balls.
- Fry the meatballs until they are cooked in approx. 20 minutes.
- Remove the balls from the grease and stir in the tomato puree and desour.
- Add the water and apply the gravy to taste.
- Serve the meatball next to the stew and pour the gravy over it.
Serving tip: Cut the meatball into slices instead of the meatball in its entirety. The gravy can also be served separately.
MILK, GLUTEN, EGGS, SOY20211.4.2021