Serves: 4 Persons
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
- 105 g Low fat spread, includes 5 gram for greasing
- Black eyed beans, cooked 1 can(s), large, drained and rinsed
- 5 Eggs, whole, raw medium, raw
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract, level
- 100 g Light brown sugar
- 50 g Cocoa powder
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 20 g White chocolate
- 20 g Milk chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas mark 4.
- Grease an 18cm cake tin with low fat spread and line with baking paper.
- Put the black beans, 3 of the eggs, and the vanilla bean paste in a food processor and blitz until smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the low fat spread and sugar. using a hand-held electric whisk until pale and fluffy.
- Add the remaining eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the black bean mixture to the bowl and stir until well combined.
- Finally, gently fold in the cocoa powder, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda until everything is incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for 15 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and leave to cool completely.
- Put the white and milk chocolate in 2 separate small microwave-safe bowls and microwave each one for 30 seconds until the chocolate has melted.
- Drizzle over the cake. Leave to set, then serve.