Serves: 4 Persons
Preparation time: 60 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 100 g Butter (3,5 oz)
- 150 g Flour (5,3 oz)
- 700 ml Vegetable or mushroom bouillon (23,7 fl oz)
- 30 g Fresh onion, minced (1 oz)
- 1 TBSP Fresh parsley, miched
- 400 g Mealworm, shredded or whole (14 oz)
F0r the breading
- 50 g flour (1,8 oz)
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 50 g Bread crumbs (1,8 oz)
- Melt the butter in a skillet or pan.
- When melted, add the flour little by little and stir into a thick paste.
- Slowly stir in the stock, making sure the roux absorbs the liquid.
- Simmer for a couple of minutes on a low heat while you stir in the onion, parsley and the shredded meat.
- The mixture should thicken and turn into a heavy, thick sauce.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow container, cover and refrigerate for several hours, or until the sauce has solidified.
- Take a heaping tablespoon of the cold, thick sauce and quickly roll it into a small croquette.
- Roll lightly through the flour, then the egg and finally the breadcrumbs.
- Make sure that the egg covers the whole surface of the croquette.
- When done, refrigerate the snacks while the oil in your fryer heats up to 190C (375F). Fry four croquettes at a time, until golden.
- Serve on a plate with a nice grainy or spicy mustard.