Serves: 4 Persons
Preparation time: 45 minutes
Cooking time: 2 hours croquettes and soft spheres (including rice time)
Techniques: Making a dough and baking
Recipe 1: Soft White Spheres
- 280 g Flour, sieved
- 1/2 Dried yeast pouch (4 grams)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 TBSP White caster sugar
- 020 g Soft cream butter
- 125 ml Lukewarm water
- 5 g Minced nori (dried)
Materials: Oven, baking tray, baking paper, scale, 4 bowls, spatula, whisk
- Put flour, butter cut into pieces, sugar, salt and yeast in a bowl.
- Mix the water and knead the dough into a ball.
- Knead the dough on a floured countertop for about 10 minutes.
- Then leave it in a bowl, covered with foil for about an hour to rise until the volume has doubled.
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Mold the dough, and form 4 spheres.
- Place it on the baking sheet and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Then push them slightly flat and place one with floured tea towel.
- Let the balls rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200 º C.
- Brush the raised balls with some water and bake 10 minutes.
- If necessary, use the grill for another two minutes for a beautiful tan.
- Take the buns straight from the oven and let them cool down on a grid.
Recipe 2: Ragout
- 10 g Minced nori (dried)
- 10 g Mealworms
- 60 g Butter
- 60 g Flour
- 300 ml Cold vegetable stock (self-pulled or from a stock cube)
- Pepper and salt
- 30 g Wheat flour
- 2 Egg whites, beaten
- 100 g Bread crumbs
Materials: Mixing bowl, anti-stick pan, chef’s knife, chopping board, whisk, saucepan, spatula, frying pan with liquid frying grease or sunflower oil, plates for serving
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the flour stirring with a spatula.
- Boil the obtained roux for 2 minutes gently to thicken.
- Add half of the broth and stir smooth with the whisk.
- Then add the rest of the broth and boil the ragout gently for 10 minutes.
- Keep stirring regularly to avoid burning.
- Add the mealworms and Nori, and season the ragout with salt and pepper.
- Pour the ragout on a flat plate, cover with plastic foil and let cool.
- Put the ragout in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to stiffen.
- Roll of the Ragout 4 equal sausage shaped/croquettes of 10 by 4 cm, use a little flour to avoid sticking.
- Let the croquettes stiffen in the fridge for half an hour. Coat the croquettes through the wheat flour, egg whites and then roll them through the breadcrumbs. Repeat this step, coating the croquettes again through the egg whites and breadcrumbs.
- Fry the croquettes for 5 minutes at 180C to brown.
Mealworms can be replated by Buffalo. You can serve it with mustard sauce and salad.